I finally finished the Father & Son socks for Sam. I think I started these in January, finished one and refused to cast on the other. The pattern bugged me for many reasons. I finally cast on the second just before summer, with predictable results. Trying to knit anything with a chart when both children are at home is doomed. So the first few inches of the second sock are a testament to my madness. And no, I didn’t frog it and start over. I couldn’t bear it. Sam says they’re great. I did note that the first sock was done on bamboo dpns and the second on metal magic loop. The second sock was a significantly tighter weave. Looks the same with them both on though. I’m just happy it’s over. No more chevrons…ever.